The RawMatCop Academy Advanced course is a 5-day training in presence aiming to demonstrate, disseminate, teach and train skills and utilization of Earth observation data - specifically Copernicus data - to professionals and existing/potential end-users operating in the raw materials sector.
The RawMatCop Academy Advanced course combines expert lectures and hands-on group work on real case studies to demonstrate Copernicus applications in the mining sector at advanced level. During the course, the participants will learn from industrial experts and the researchers how Copernicus can make exploitation of primary and secondary raw materials more cost-effective, safer and compliant with environmental legislation.
This course is endorsed by EFG.
Information on the course content and details, and the registration form are managed through the course website: https://rawmatcop.eitrawmaterials.eu/
Dates of the course: 26-30 June 2023 (In-Person Course). Bologna, Italy.
Number of participants: 35.
Advanced course topics
- Efficient handling of time series and large geospatial datasets
- Analyzing satellite data in a scalable manner for the complex raw materials sector
- Working with data integration concepts and best practices
- Leveraging Copernicus data and open tools to revolutionize the sector
Case studies & exercises
- Mineral exploration – opportunities & challenges
- Acid mine drainage – temporal analysis
- Open pit mining – monitoring activities/materials
- Ground deformation – mapping using InSAR temporal series
Who should apply?
Entrepreneurs and industry professionals from the exploration, mining and processing sectors who are looking for innovative techniques to monitor and manage raw materials in their organization.
We also welcome geoscientists, development and environmental experts, researchers, master and doctoral students working in the raw materials sector as well as remote sensing practitioners interested in learning raw materials applications.
The registration is open with deadline on the 9th June 2023.
Costs of the course:
- 900 EUR regular fee
- 700 EUR partners of EIT RawMaterials and startups
- 300 EUR members of the EFG, employees of RIS public institutions, and students from EIT RawMaterials partner universities